At Everledger, we are committed to making the world a better place. Our purpose is to contribute to greater transparency, trust, sustainability as well as amazing customer experiences in marketplaces where provenance matters most. We are combining IoT sensors, intelligent labeling, machine vision and blockchain technologies to create innovative solutions for anti counterfeit and provenance assurances.
Everledger’s data platform is a key pillar of our product offering. You will be responsible for setting and executing a strategy for building highly scalable data engineering solutions to bring data on to our platform, and using your analytics experience to power a data-insights platform providing rich analytical information pertaining to provenance and sustainability. Data is at the core of anti-counterfeit and provenance solutions our platform offers and you will play a key role in developing innovative solutions by combining IoT sensors, machine vision and blockchain technologies.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and energetic leader to use data engineering & analytics to build insightful data products and applications that are a core part of our blockchain platform. The right candidate will be excited to work in a fast paced environment, with autonomy, and at the prospect of optimizing or redesigning our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of data products and initiatives.
- Lead the design, development, and management of scalable and automated data pipelines, data lake, and other data products to enable interactive analytics, AI/ML predictive products
- Plan and deliver data pipelines with a scalable cloud-native architecture including data ingestion (streaming), data integration (ETL/ELT), distributed data processing using python, data services, and APIs
- Split time between hands on development and leading a team of data engineers as you build the data platform that powers the blockchain applications we are developing
- Engage with Customer Success, Product, and Program Management teams to design solutions using best-practice modern architectures
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, automating data cleansing, automating data ingestion, automating data validation, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable data insights, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including business executives, Product teams, blockchain developers, and data & design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
- 10+ years hands-on experience with data engineering and analytics
- Experience leading a team of engineers in a agile scrum environment
- Strong programming experience with Python
- Experience building cloud-based data applications and analytics environments at scale
- Strong organizational, managerial, and personal skills to successfully communicate and negotiate with internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or Statistics or another quantitative field
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Extensive experience in designing and building ETL/ELT routines
- Experience working with stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
Experience using the following software/tools is desired:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience implementing AWS data lake solution using AWS Glue, Athena, Lambda, Cognito, Dynamo db, S3, API Gateway, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as Mongodb, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with cloud services such as Amazon Data Lake, EC2, RDS, Redshift, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages such Python, Java, etc. is preferred.
- Wellness Budget - An annual allowance to invest in your physical and mental well-being.
- Learning and Development - When our people develop, so do we. We offer an internal learning program, study leaves, and sabbaticals to support your further education.
- Shares - We have incredibly loyal employees and we reward that loyalty in our ESOP scheme.
- Flexible Working - Employees have the freedom to optimize their own work schedules. This includes the ability to work from home and time off in lieu.
- Health insurance
- Birthday leave - An additional day off each year to kick back and celebrate your birthday!
- Social Events - We might work hard, but we never forget to spend time together, celebrating our wins, and having fun
It is Everledger’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to every applicant, regardless of age, sex, marriage & civil partnership, race, disability, religion or belief, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy & maternity. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive culture for every employee.
Disability Confident Committed
Everledger is also Disability Confident Committed, which means we commit to providing opportunities for those with disabilities, including interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy and consider them on their abilities. Please let us know on your application form if this applies to you.
IMPORTANT: If you require accommodations or adjustments to our standard application or any stage of the recruitment process, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through each stage of your application.
Right to work
Please ensure you are applying for a role in a region where you have full rights to work in. Unfortunately at this time, Everledger, is unable to aid staff who require support obtaining a work-visa.