At Everledger, not only are we are committed to making the world a better place, we are building the internet of the future.
We are leaders in the real-world application of emerging technologies. We have built the world’s first platform for tracking asset provenance, providing the story of high-value assets through their lifetime journey.
We are looking for doers! Individuals who are ready to make an impact can handle uncertainty and thrive in a rapidly growing environment. We have clients looking to us to create world-leading technology solutions and deliver within their businesses things that have never existed before. You are someone who can handle the edge, who can forge a path where none have gone before, and you have the capability, drive, and creativity to deliver on projects that are anything but ordinary. It’s high pressure, high stakes, career-defining work
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing data & analytics team. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Design standardized data schemas to capture data from multiple data providers
- Create programs to populate data into standardized data schemas
- Create programs to apply data integrity checks on incoming data
- Create programs to cleanse incoming data according to set data validation rules
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, automating data cleansing, automating data ingestion, automating data validation, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using cloud technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable data insights, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including business executives, Product teams, blockchain developers, and data & design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
- Work with other data and analytics team members to create greater functionality in our data systems
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Strong programming experience in Python
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or Statistics or another quantitative field
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Extensive experience in designing and building ETL/ELT routines to move data from disparate source systems into the target data model
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience working with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Experience with Elastic is a plus
- Experience implementing AWS data lake solutions using AWS Glue, Athena, Lambda, Cognito, Dynamo db, S3, API Gateway, etc. is a plus
- Wellness Budget - An annual allowance to invest in your physical and mental well-being.
- Learning and Development - When our people develop, so do we. We offer an internal learning program, study leaves, and sabbaticals to support your further education.
- Shares - We have incredibly loyal employees and we reward that loyalty in our ESOP scheme.
- Flexible Working - Employees have the freedom to optimize their own work schedules. This includes the ability to work from home and time off in lieu.
- Health insurance
- Birthday leave - An additional day off each year to kick back and celebrate your birthday!
- Social Events - We might work hard, but we never forget to spend time together, celebrating our wins, and having fun
It is Everledger’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to every applicant, regardless of age, sex, marriage & civil partnership, race, disability, religion or belief, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy & maternity. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive culture for every employee.
Disability Confident Committed
Everledger is also Disability Confident Committed, which means we commit to providing opportunities for those with disabilities, including interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy and consider them on their abilities. Please let us know on your application form if this applies to you.
IMPORTANT: If you require accommodations or adjustments to our standard application or any stage of the recruitment process, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through each stage of your application.
Right to work
Please ensure you are applying for a role in a region where you have full rights to work. Unfortunately at this time, Everledger is unable to aid staff who require support in obtaining a work visa.